Born in Caltagirone on 13 February 1911, he died in Rome at the end of 1984. Having started a progressive abstraction of the plastic form, Franco has carried out a search for proportional harmony through the use of the form, for the creation of objects from the 1950s in relation to new industrial materials. Having started to draw from his father, he attended the local ceramics school in Caltagirone, where he remained for many years as a decorator. He works as a decorator and makes sculptures. In 1990 the municipality of Chieti dedicated a tribute to him with an exhibition of sculptures together with Federico Gismondi and Alessandro Romano entitled “Mirabilia in urbe” and with an exhibition of paintings at the Pinacoteca Barbella curated by Leo Strozzieri.